Date added: 15.05.2018
Industry: Accountancy, banking and finance
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Baku
- Assist internal audit team in development of a risk-based audit approach (including standard audit procedures) with focus on significant business risk exposures, improvement opportunities, as well as financial and compliance risks;
- Execute audit procedures, which will include identifying issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, documenting the procedures performed and presenting the conclusions reached;
- Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administer questionnaires, compose summary memos, and prepare detailed working papers;
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations to enhance internal controls, maximize efficiency and minimize exposure to loss and regulatory risk using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed. Draft audit recommendations and report issues to support findings identified during the audit. Obtain management response on control issues identified and the action plan to implement recommendations;
- Assess compliance with regulatory requirements, financial accounting and auditing standards, and company policies.
- Candidates should have at least Bachelor’s degree in audit, accounting or related subjects;
- At least 2 year relevant internal or external audit experience. Big 4 public accounting firm experience is advantageous;
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft office applications, PowerPoint);
- Proficient in applying accounting principles, auditing standards, procedures, and techniques;
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions;
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, and risk assessment practices;
- Proficient level understanding of fraud and business ethics;
- Desire to pursue or have already obtained ACCA, CIA, CFE or other professional designation;
- Ability to travel to regions of the Azerbaijan Republic for audit assignments;
- Strong speaking and writing English language skills, Russian will be a preference.
All the interested candidates are requested to send their CVs firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the name of the position in the subject line.