Date added: 27.10.2017
Industry: Retail, sales and customer services
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Coordinates the full cycle of procurement process and distribution of materials/services ensuring timely delivery and effective cost management.
Performs price, lead-time and other important negotiations with suppliers.
Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
Issues RFQ’s and purchase orders/contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
Ensures delivery, price, and quality meet expectations.
Reviews quality problems with engineering personnel and directs action required to correct defects.
Investigates potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements – implements Supplier Pre-qualification procedures.
Conducts periodic and special surveys of supplier’s facilities and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy and capability of quality control and ability to comply with engineering and quality specifications.
Prepares reports to the Procurement Manager, when required, regarding contractor/vendor/supplier capability and/or performance.
May travel occasionally, primarily in the local area.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
A bachelor's degree or equivalent.
2-3 years of experience in construction industry.
Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
Excellent knowledge of Azerbaijani, English and Russian languages.
Knowledge of ERP, planning, scheduling, budgeting and performance measurement systems and their application is preferable.
Knowledge of construction tools and equipment.
CIPS certification is preferable.
Must be proficient with MS Office applications.
Understanding of contract terminology, competitive bids, purchase orders, and vendor relationship management.
Ability to work well with a team.
Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment.
All the interested candidates are requested to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the name of the position in the subject line.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives;
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications;
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials;
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws;
- Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress;
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Overseeing quality control, health and safety matters on site;
- Preparing reports as required;
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise and etc.
- Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation.
- Master or Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Construction, Engineering or any relevant discipline.
- Must have 4 years’ experience in building construction projects.
- Computer Skills Auto Cad and relevant construction programs
- Good communication skills (English, Azeri and etc)
- Organization skills and a methodical approach to work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and etc.